Edward M. McCoyd
- Of Counsel
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate
- Publishing and Digital Media
- New York, 1995
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Fordham University, Bronx, New York
- B.A. - 1991
- “Parents of Minor Children: The Importance of Creating an Estate Plan.” LinkedIn, August 2019
- “Harper Lee and Estate Planning for Authors.” Authors Guild Bulletin, April 2019.
- “Internet Piracy Developments: Recent Case Law, Voluntary Collaborative Solutions, and Proposals for Additional Remedies.” New York State Bar Association Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Journal, August 2014.
- “The ‘Disquieter’ Doctrine: German Law and Responsibilities of File-Sharing Websites.” Advanced Copyright Law Annual Review 2014 (Practising Law Institute Course Handbook), April 2014.
- “Online Piracy of Publishers’ Content: A Primer.” Learned Publishing, January 2012.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Trusts and Estates Law Section and Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section (Member, Committee on Literary Works and Related Rights)
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Surrogate’s Court Estates and Trusts Committee
Past Employment Positions
- McGraw-Hill Education, 2015-2018
- Association of American Publishers, 2000-2015
- Globe Institute of Technology, 2002-2004
- The Authors Guild, 1994-2000