Nassau County Trusts and Estates Lawyers
Long Island Litigation Attorneys · Garden City Estate Planning Lawyers
Will a simple will be enough to accomplish your estate planning goas and to protect your family members from avoidable taxation, conflict and litigation? In most cases, a will offers some level of protection, but unless it is legally airtight and succinctly but comprehensively disposes of your assets, you could be leaving your family open to unnecessary legal proceedings and excessive taxation.
At McCoyd, Parkas & Ronan LLP, we believe in helping people look beyond the immediate horizon when drafting their will, establishing a trust or protecting their family from contentious litigation. Our team of experienced attorneys has earned a reputation for estate planning that takes into account contingencies that a simple will or trust often can’t anticipate.
The Peace of Mind Your Family Deserves
Contact us to discuss your goals. We offer a comprehensive evaluation of your needs, a clear explanation of your options and the peace of mind your family deserves. We focus on providing high-quality services in the following areas:
- Sophisticated drafting of wills and trusts
- Will modifications and updates
- Tax planning
- Defensive strategies to reduce possible contested will litigation
- Business succession planning
- Business transaction law as a part of estate planning services for partners and family shareholders
- Court proceedings to probate a will
- Inventory of assets
- Settling debts
- Preparation of estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns
- Tax issues and post-mortem tax planning
- Preparation and settlement of an executor’s account
- Estate administration for non-residents of New York
- Trust administration, trust accounting and distribution
- Real estate trust and asset administration, real estate closings and transfers
- Will disputes, including probate litigation
- Trustee litigation, fiduciary duty litigation
From our offices in Garden City, we represent clients in Nassau County, the New York City metro area and throughout the region. Contact our Nassau County trust and estate attorneys to arrange an initial consultation.